Marcus Rashford
Epl

Marcus Rashford: Man Utd striker receives racist abuse after a goaless draw with Arsenal

904Views
After Axel Tuanzebe and Anthony Martial were attacked after the loss of Sheffield United on Wednesday, Marcus Rashford is the third Manchester United player to be exposed to racist abuse on social media this week.

Marcus Rashford characterized racial violence as “humanity and social media at its worst” following Manchester United’s 0-0 draw against Arsenal.

Rashford took to his Twitter account after Saturday’s draw at the Emirates to call out the abuse but refused to take screenshots of the messages as “it would be irresponsible to do so”.

skysports axel tuanzebe anthony martial 5252861 Marcus Rashford: Man Utd striker receives racist abuse after a goaless draw with Arsenal

“He said: “At its worse, society and social media. Yeah, I’m a black man and I live proud that I am every day. No person, or no statement, can make me feel different. So sorry, if you were hoping for a strong response, you just won’t get it here.

“I’m not sharing screenshots. It would be irresponsible to do so and as you can imagine there’s nothing original in them. I have beautiful children of all colours following me and they don’t need to read it. Beautiful colours that should only be celebrated.

READ  Solskjaer admits that he gave Van de Beek reassurances about the future of Man Utd.

“This week, Chelsea defender Reece James, West Brom’s Romaine Sawyers, Axel Tuanzebe and Anthony Martial from United were all attacked.

Manchester United reported that the insults were similar in nature to those earned earlier in the week from other players from the club.

In order to remove bias from the game, the Football Association has agreed to cooperate with the government and social media outlets.

A statement published on the official Twitter account of the FA on Saturday said: “In our abhorrence of any racist abuse, we are united with all of football. This is not acceptable in any part of society.”

“We will continue to work with the rest of the game, the government and social media platforms to remove this – and all elements of – discrimination from our sport.”

READ  Manchester United 2 - 1 Brighton / Watch Highlights

Richard Masters, chief executive of the Premier League, said on Friday about the earlier events involving Tuanzebe, Martial and Sawyers: “Tackling online hate is a priority for football, and I believe social media companies need to do more.”

West Midlands Police said a 49-year-old man from Kingswinford, near Birmingham, was questioned in detention on Friday evening in connection to the harassment of Sawyers.

Riches Sly
the authorRiches Sly

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: